459 23rd Street Brandon, MB
How Do I Know if I Have a Pelvic Floor Problem?
Common signs and symptoms of a problem with your pelvic floor include:
- Accidentally leaking urine when your exercise, laugh, cough, or sneeze.
- Needing to get to the toilet in a hurry or not making it there in time.
- The need to frequently go to the toilet.
- Finding it difficult to empty your bladder or bowel.
- Accidental loss of feces or wind.
- A prolapse
- In women, this may be felt as a bulging into the vagina, heaviness or discomfort, or a feeling of pulling, dragging, or dropping down.
- In men, this may be noticed as a bulging coming out of the rectum, a feeling of needing to use your bowels but not needing to go.
- Pelvic pain
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Poor sensation or loss of bladder control during sexual intercourse.