Pelvic Floor physiotherapy can be extremely helpful to address some of the challenges that men may have when their pelvic floors are not working properly. This may include:
- Post-proctectomy incontinence
- Erectile dysfunction
- Needing to urgently or frequently go to the toilet to pass urine or bowel motions
- Accidental leakage or urine/bowel
- Difficulty emptying your bladder or bowel
- Pain in the bladder, bowel, or in your back near the pelvic floor area.
These problems should properly be assessed and like all exercises, are most effective when individually tailored and monitored. Tightening or strengthening pelvic floor muscles may not be the most appropriate treatment for all conditions.