Lower intensity abdominal challenge
- Single leg extension with one leg supported by a hand on a stationary knee or moving foot on a ball.
- Knees side to side with feet on a ball.
- Modified plank on hands or knees with a slight bend at the hips.
- Wall push ups.
- Ball bridge (feet on ball or back on ball, +/- single leg lift).
- Arm and leg lift on all fours.
- Leg lift sitting on the ball.
- Shoulder rotations with back on the ball.
- Standing balance work on the bosu or balance disc.
Core Exercises to Avoid
- High intensity abdominal exercises
- Sit ups, curl ups, crunches.
- Abdominal exercises with medicine ball.
- Double-leg lowers
- Plank position on hands and feet (e.g. hovers, full push ups).